You Will Learn
- What is a hospital pharmacy?
- What are the main tasks & responsibilities of a hospital pharmacist?
- Bedside medications & their preparation
- Pharmaceutical calculations
- Pediatric dose calculation
- Important issues for hospital pharmacists; medication storage, drug samples & drug recall
- Effective communication to facilitate your work & maximize the benefits
- Proper handling of high alert medications
- Proper handling look alike & sound-alike medications
- Handling of controlled medications
- Lab. Values interpretation & their relations with medications
- Narrow therapeutic index drugs
- Loading dose …why is it given??
- Examples of narrow therapeutic index drugs
- Drug information resources
- Adverse drug reactions
- Reporting adverse drug events
- Sterile compounding
- Sterile compounding environment
- Sterile compounding supplies
- Labeling of IV medications
- Antiseptic garbing, hand washing & gloving
- Cleaning laminar airflow hood
- Anteroom preparation
- Clean room equipment
- Large-volume & small-volume parenteral preparations
- Ampoule- based preparation
- Preparation of chemotherapy
- Preparation of parenteral nutrition
This course is highlighting the importance of hospital pharmacists in the Health care field, their responsibilities to deliver the right medication, within the right time & right dose to the right patient, through supporting the pharmaceutical knowledge of drug information resources and narrow therapeutic medications,& other skills. Dr. Mohamed reveals several tips & tricks for pharmacists who are willing & motivated to join the field of hospital pharmacy adding to the ability to gain & acquire important skills needed in this promising pharmaceutical aspect. This because Dr. Mohamed illustrates details regarding the job description of the hospital pharmacist & his\her main tasks & responsibilities adding to important pharmaceutical issues as dose calculation & preparation, drug storage criteria, drug recall, effective communication in the work environment & other important issues.
Dr. Mohamed illustrates important details regarding hospital pharmacists' main responsibilities & duties and how the hospital pharmacist can handle major common tasks in hospital pharmacy as medication categories management, look-alike & sound-alike medications, controlled medications & patient monitoring. In addition to that, hospital policies & procedures, management & control will be discussed adding to narrow therapeutic index medications NTI & how to handle them besides lab data interpretation & drug information questions handling.
This course illustrates important precautions, techniques steps for handling the process of compounding sterile preparations in addition to cleanroom anteroom handling adding to handling chemotherapy total parenteral nutrition.
Hospital Pharmacy From Basic To advanced