You Will Learn
- How to recognise when a child is having an acute asthma/wheezing attack
- How to assess the severity of a child’s asthma/wheezing attack
- Which urgent treatments to start
- When to refer the child to the emergency department
- When a child can safely go home
- How to help prevent future attacks.
This module offers a practical, step by step guide for GPs on diagnosing and managing acute asthma/wheezing attacks in children. It covers how to identify an attack, how to assess severity, what urgent treatment to start in primary care, when to refer to secondary care, and how to help prevent future episodes