You Will Learn
- What is a hospital pharmacy?
- What are the main tasks & responsibilities of a hospital pharmacist?
- Bedside medications & their preparation
- Pharmaceutical calculations
- Pediatric dose calculation
- Important issues for hospital pharmacists; medication storage, drug samples & drug recall
- Effective communication to facilitate your work & maximize the benefits
- Proper handling of high alert medications
- Proper handling look alike & sound-alike medications
- Handling of controlled medications
- Lab. Values interpretation & their relations with medications
- Narrow therapeutic index drugs
- Loading dose …why is it given??
- Examples of narrow therapeutic index drugs
- Drug information resources
- Adverse drug reactions
- Reporting adverse drug events
- Understand contemporary concepts of sales.
- Evaluate buying motives and use the fittest approach accordingly.
- Implement the fundamental steps of the selling process 7As.
- Establish a positively good impression and make an attractive opening.
- Deploy the advanced techniques of delivering value.
- Resolve and handle customer concerns.
- Master different types of effective closing.
- Apply effective techniques of probing.
- Acquire the skills of good prospection and pre-call planning.
- Know various personality styles of customers and how to deal with
This course is highlighting the importance of hospital pharmacists in the health care field, their responsibilities to deliver the right medication, within the right time & right dose to the right patient, through supporting the pharmaceutical knowledge of drug information resources and narrow therapeutic medications,& other skills. Dr. Mohamed reveals several tips & tricks for pharmacists who are willing & motivated to join the field of hospital pharmacy adding to the ability to gain & acquire important skills needed in this promising pharmaceutical aspect. This is because Dr. Mohamed illustrates details regarding the job description of the hospital pharmacist & his\her main tasks & responsibilities adding to important pharmaceutical issues such as dose calculation & preparation, drug storage criteria, drug recall, effective communication in the work environment.
Dr. Mohamed also illustrates important details regarding hospital pharmacists' main responsibilities & duties and how the hospital pharmacist can handle major common tasks in hospital pharmacy as medication categories management, look-alike & sound-alike medications, controlled medications & patient monitoring. In addition to that, hospital policies & procedures management & control will be discussed adding to narrow therapeutic index medications NTI & how to handle them besides lab data interpretation & drug information questions handling.
Dr. Mahmoud Zayed introduces the first specialized online course in pharmaceutical selling skills aims to prepare highly qualified medical sales representatives to be good assets for multinational companies, the course is designed to provide medical representatives in the pharmaceutical market with all key elements and concepts of contemporary sales. It helps medical representatives to acquire and implement the most recent updated techniques used in sales on both basic and advanced levels.