You Will Learn
- Dietary and physique assessment methods
- Advantages and disadvantages of each method and factors affecting the accuracy of them
- Pre-event meal
- Suitable Carbohydrate intake in a pre-event meal
- Post-event recovery meal and its components
- Dietary supplements
- Laws that regulate dietary supplements
- Contamination and doping substances
- The different types of energy systems and the basic needs of macro- and micronutrients and fluids for athletes.
- Utilize the knowledge of sports nutrition, based on the demands and needs of different forms of physical activity
Dietary and physique assessment methods, pre and post-exercise meal components adding to dietary supplements are highly important in sports nutrition. The roles nutrient selection, and timing play in supporting and improving human physical performance.
Emphasis will be placed on applying evidence-based strategies and recommendations according to the latest guidelines. In addition, current controversies within the field will be explored.
Sports Nutrition From Basic To Advanced